Blogger Templates

Followers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

fab finds and my new hobby !!

I went to my first auction last week and am now hooked .
What a wonderful  experience, only downer was that funds weren't as abundant as i would have liked, but maybe thats a good thing or i would have  bought half  lots in the saleroom!!! I settled for this little beauty,  a gorgeous vintage steamer trunk , not sure whether to leave it alone or alter it in some way.
I love the leather handles and the chunky metal lock , might refurb the inside somehow but not sure with what , might just sit and look at it for inspiration !
Oh and forgot to mention that i also bought another vintage suitcase and a box of odds and ends that turned out to have some stunning crystal pieces and a few other bits that i am gonna try and sell on and get some  funds for the next one, where i have my eye on a particularly gogeous vintage blanket box and  a cutesy  vintage oak sewing box  which the auctioneer told me that because they didnt sell this week will go back into the auction next week,.... have reserved my spot already!!!



 

No comments: